Learn to get online traffic to your website. This section will guide you through proven techniques for getting subscribers to your sight.
Getting traffic is easy. Most people struggle with this because they get too much of the wrong kind of visitors. For example: Let’s say you have a company that sells lamps. You can purchase a bunch of google advertising that will direct traffic to your site for the word lamps when someone types the word “lamps” in Google. You can spend all the money in the world. Unfortunately, you won’t sell too many lamps. Why? It is because the customer might be searching for “freestanding lamps” or “street lamps”. These are two totally different products and you might only sell Table Lamps. Long story short, if you are not targeting the correct types of terms or people, then you will waste a ton of money.
So, with this new knowledge lets go over how the process works. The goal is to build an email list. Wait… What…? I thought you said we will be advertising on other networks? Okay you got me. So, let me break it down for you. What you will be building is what is known as a sales funnel.
What is a sales funnel?
Simply put… a sales funnel is the system by which you put prospects in the top of your funnel. Then, they move through a sales process. Finally, you have customers come out of the bottom… Yes, paying customers. Here, I will show you a “paid sales funnel” and then provide you with different places you can pay for these campaigns.
How does this work?
- Well, first off the quickest way to get traffic is “Pay-Per-Click” advertising. Pay-Per-Click is just what it sounds like. It is where you pay when somebody clicks on your advertisement. The advertisement should be a promoted post in whatever platform you are using (check below for platforms). Create some content that is either music they can listen to, a post that is relative to your target audience, or a video interview of another band.
- Once they are on your website you can focus on relationship. The best method is to get someone to subscribe to your email list. This is covered extensively in the next chapter to stay tuned. Giving someone content that is relative to them will help you to build a relationship.
- How do we know if the relationship is going well? It is called trust. This is when a person has moved through the first two stages and are opening your emails and commenting on your music. It is where they like what you do and believe in your cause.
- Finally after someone trusts you it’s time to make an offer they cannot refuse. What this does is make a raving fan out of that person. They trust you so much and like your special discount on your brand new album that they have no problem giving you money.
Different Places You Can Get Pay-Per-Click Advertising
Facebook – This is the largest social network out there and can be very successful. Most people throw money away and have no idea how to spend on this platform. The key is to start small. Then review your results tweak your messaging then see the results. It can take a while but all good things do. Here is a great post on how to start on Facebook.
Twitter – Twitter ads are taking off right now and it’s good to get on the gravy train before everyone figures this out. Twitter has a variety of options for advertising. The best one for your music marketing efforts is using their Promoted Tweets.
- Sign up for an account. If you already have twitter, then you are good to go.
- Once signed up, go to the twitter search section. Look for other bands in your genre. Follow these bands.
- Then go over to digg.com and look at what is popular and the most re-tweeted stories.
- Now you know what your audience will like.
- Create a similar tweet and link it to your similar article.
- Now in twitter, choose your target audience or interests in timeline.
- Target your tweet. Using Keywords In Timeline Setting.
- Look for .50 to .75 cent cost per click (cost per engagement is what Twitter calls it).
There are services out there that will help with this such as:
Stumble Upon – A great site that you can use for free, but here is how to use the paid traffic.
- Create a blog post. Here’s a few tips of the type of post below.
- Make a highly visual blog post with lots of eye catching photo’s.
- Make a list style post that has songs of musicians that you like along with one of your songs.
- You could also promote. Ten “must see” concerts by local bands or five musicians you didn’t know played live music in your area.
- Using paid discovery on stumble upon.
- Sign up for a stumble upon account.
- Select the URL of the article that you want to promote.
- Once you are in stumbleupon ads, you will have some criteria that you will need to fill out.
- Select your target market. You already did this in the first chapter.
- There are two options; .10+ per click and .12+ per click.
- With the more expensive of the two, you will be able to be more specific with your criteria, interests, age, and location.
- Using “interests” helps and location will work wonders.
- Get visitors.
- Once you have the account set up, you will want to run the ad.
- Make sure you start slow and small until you get the hang of it.
- This is a great form of promoting concerts that are coming up. Make sure you use an eye catching picture at the top of the post. Create an awesome header that makes you want to read the article.
- Make sure your page loads fast, fast, fast.
Take a look at http://searchengineland.com/5-seo-tips-boost-page-speed-187931
These are my favorites for getting paid traffic. The trouble is that you can easily spend a lot of money and not have it work. Trust me, 98% of marketers spend money that doesn’t make sense for their business and then say how horrible the service is. The thing is companies want people to spend money so they make it really easy to. So don’t think it will work amazingly the first time. Instead, spend small until you get the hang of it. If something seems to work then spend a little more to make sure. Once you figure out what is working for you spend more until you reach your goals. Right now you have mastered getting people in the top of your sales funnel. You now have traffic! Follow along in the next section to really see how to get bags of cash out of your sales funnel.